Monday, May 26, 2014

May 2014 Book Haul


HELLOOOO!!! So I promised everyone, EVERYONE for a finally-book-haul! And tadaaaa, it’s end of the freedom month and I have 7 new books that arrived this month (purchased last month I think :/ not sure) and few books that I got since March.

Here we go!

Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
I’ve reviewed Divergent and currently going-to-read (XD?) Insurgent. I don’t think I need to explain these two, but yes, I need to get Allegiant soon, like, really.
Divergent review
ps: I'm doing my haul today because finally Insurgent arrived this morning -_-
Shatter Me & Two copies of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
ps: Shatter Me description combined with the rest of the series. 
Insane. I’m sick enough to see both of them on my shelf ; it’s not like I hate them actually but, two? No. So I will just skip the part why-I-have-two-of-them :D but I will give one that hasn’t been plastic wrapped and marked to a friend. At least I have something to give before our graduation x_x

Unravel Me and Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
I’d been controlling myself on my book-buying before the national exam, and after it, look! Dadadadadadada <3333 I gave myself a little-too-big present XDD I think this is good enough, I was planning to use my mom’s card for more. I didn’t, of course. Who wants to be bitten my lion? ._.v forgive meh mom!
The Selection and The Prince by Kiera Cass
The Elite and The One by Kiera Cass
I was going to a shopping centre to get my brother’s stuffs, and after that, I saw…..
BOOKS & BEYOND!!!

Trust me when I say, I walked in and out of the store for 4 to 5 times. I was like, buy…not buy…and everyone was like super excited about the series (because the last book came out on May), and I knew I had to say, “Mom, books?” *puppy eyes*. And here they’re now, on my shelf *smirks*.
Read reviews of this series

And my friends actually start to ask “Why do you buy a lot of books in hardbacks?” *clears throat*
It’s not about hardbacks are more expensive than paperbacks and I want to show-off. I got pissed off by that kind of thoughts, which I think (I may be wrong), that they have in their minds. *sighs*

When I got my first hardback, it was a gift from my mom so I didn’t think it’s expensive, or not. And when I own it I really adore it. The reason why I try so hard to keep and save my money to get hardbacks is I love its feel on my hands. I really love to see them without dust-jacket, and they’re so beautiful to me, I think they live longer, I love it weight and the edges too. Why do I try so hard to please people who don’t value books the way I do, and yeah that’s silly! I love paperbacks, I adore its feel to, but aahhh THERE’S JUST SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT HARDBACKS!!!

And honestly, I have this planner for my book-buying. So I know how much I will spend for books and what book I will get this month, next month. Just something I need to have if I don’t want to bankrupt lol. But sometimes plan isn’t enough.

So dear friends, love what you love and if you just buy something because others have it, you’ll never know what its beauty is. I’m so sick of that thinking because you have that, I need to own it too! I think that’s so childish. *exhales inhales, relaxes*

If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone is thinking. – Haruki Murakami

Well! Hopefully June will be great for me because I’m already on my holiday now and have nothing to do. I got a little stressed back then because I have nothing to read D:

Maybe I will reviewing some books by the middle of June since my mom is going away before it…

Yesh! That’s all everyone! Have a nice day/night, and God Bless you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment