Friday, April 18, 2014

Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Title: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
ISBN 10: 00602024027
ISBN 13: 9780062024022
Pages: 487
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Published: 2011

I wrote this review like weeks ago :)


------

There are five factions. Each represents the character of them who live in the faction. The Erudite for intelligence, the Amity who lives in a peaceful life, the Condor who’s honest, the Abnegation who cares about others before themselves, and the Dauntless who hates cowardice. Tris is an Abnegation. Not until that day. All sixteen-years-old must choose to which faction they will devote their lives, and Tris, doesn’t know where she belongs.



The test is not working on her. She is different. She is a divergent. Divergence, don’t belong to any factions, because they have more than one personality. They are dangerous. But she still has to choose of out of the five factions. She chooses the Dauntless.




It’s totally different from the Abnegation. She has to fight to live. She has friends, but she doesn’t know will they last. She has her eyes on someone, Four. But loving someone is not easy, it’s not even a choice for a Divergent. Protecting herself is difficult, Tris doesn’t even know how to. So how she will protect people she loves?

It’s easier for me to admit that to myself now, in the dark, after all that just happened.


I was so excited  to read this book. I’ve heard nothing but great things about this book. I know people compared it a lot with The Hunger Games series, but it’s not my intention x) Every writer has their own style, and those two…

They are same in the different way.

If you want to compare the two, I’m sure there are a lot of it out there tho.
IT WAS AMAZING!! Since beginning, Veronica Roth successfully brought me to enter the world she created. Once I read, I didn’t feel like I wanted to stop. It’s addicting. Her writing didn’t feel like it wanted to force me into its world but just like slowly made me believe that it’s real. It was smooth and soo beautiful.

I usually wait for the climax of a book, knowing the problem or I just get bored easily when the climax doesn’t come. But here, I really loved how she introduced the problem since the beginning but not revealing the real problem. Truly my type ;)

I loved the characters she made in Divergent. Tris is not weak as her ‘case’ as a girl, but she doesn’t know how to use her power. Christina, Will, Al, Uriah, and the other characters, even they’re not they main roles, but she really made each of them important. Four is really mysterious yet sexy. The type of guy who without you knowing, has stolen your heart (am I being cheesy xD). She was introducing me to the characters more by their personalities instead of their looks. Each has strong personalities and not easy to forget.

The twists in this book were unpredictable. It was hard to guess and got it right. What I loved the most about this book was that, the vocabs weren’t difficult nor complicated hahaha. I thought it would be hard to finish it in three days, but I did it and barely touched the dictionary lol.

This book also has a good message for everyone. We have to think about ourselves, to be brave and know what we are, to stay focus and more amazing messages. I’m so excited to read Insurgent!!


of course ★★!

Where can I find another Tobias for my own? *sighs*

Yes, that whopping two-year gap really insurmountable, isn’t?

-----
I have a song recommendation for you guys that fits well to this book. It’s called Brave by Sara Barailles. The song teaches us how to be brave when we do something. It’s a good song! I really love this song <3

Throwing some Four gifs :p

No comments:

Post a Comment