Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Review: To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Title: To All The Boys I've Loved Before
Author: Jenny Han
Format: eBook, 368pages
ISBN: 1442426721
ISBN13: 9781442426726
Published April 15th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Lara Jean Song is a Korean girl with two loving sisters, Margot and Kitty, well Katherine actually. Her mother died when she was young and now there are only the Song girls and their father. Lara Jean love to keep things, and there the mistake was made.

She wrote love letters to the boys she ever loved. They were never sent, not until one day. And what happened next when one of the letter was sent to her sister’s boyfriend, wait, ex boyfriend now. Everything becomes a mess. And Lara Jean has no idea where to start to fix it.
photo
I was having badass reading slump and not in mood to read Insurgent and I knew I needed to have light reading. I’ve heard about this book all around YouTube but far before that, I’ve gotten this newsletter and this book’s cover in it. I knew I had to read this.

It’s very nice to have Asian girl protagonist when it’s set in America. From the first I realize that this book gonna have a deep meaning mostly about sisterhood. I love how Jenny Han made Lara Jean’s family meant a lot to her. There are a lot to discover but the sisterhood feelings in this book are just so lovely.

Sometimes I smiled then I felt touched or the other times I was nervous. Even if I knew what’s about but the twist was still something to me hahaha. The other lovely thing is the cover. The cover is super gorgeous and cute. It shows Lara’s room and she’s there writing a letter.

I don’t think this book is cheesy ; it feels realistic instead, well at least to me. Again I say that I’m very pleased that the whole story has to do with her family-life and not just her romance.

My favorite character is Katherine a.k.a Kitty. She is 9 on going to 10 years old girl and she is super funny. I would really love to have Kitty as my sister. She brings different atmosphere to this book which makes it more colorful.

This review isn't super long like my normal review because this is just so lovely and light. There's no things I dislike about this book.


In the end, if you’re having reading slump, I think you HAVE to read this book because it’s kind of light reading you’d love while enjoying nice view and yeah. Just read this book already! I’m planning to get my physical copy because there’s the second book! Yay yay yay!

4/5 stars for this lovely one <3

2 comments:

  1. Yay yay I just bought this book, glad you like it! I also like that the main character is Asian, it's pretty rare. I agree that the cover is cute, it's sold to me by the cover lol. I hope I can read it this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trueeee! You have to! It's super good like I said💕😘

      Delete