Monday, June 23, 2014

Review: The Sea of Monsters (PJO #2) by Rick Riordan

Title: The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2)
Author: Rick Riordan
ISBN13: 9786021606216
Format: Paperback, 380 pages
Published October 2013 by Mizan Fantasi

Finished on June 18th 2014

I read this book in Indonesian but my review will be in English(synopsis will still be in Indonesian)  so people in general can read this. The only different is the writing style, hopefully it doesn’t affect that much :)

Percy harus menyelamatkan Perkemahan Blasteran yang terancam bahaya, tapi cara untuk melakukannya tentu saja dengan menantang bahaya lagi. Sementara itu, temannya Grover hilang dalam pencarian dan Percy terus mendapatkan mimpi darinya. Akhirnya ia dan Annabeth kembali menjalankan misi untuk menyelamatkan Perkemahan Blasteran dan Grover, tapi bagaimana kalau Percy tak diijinkan pergi dan justru dipertemukan dengan teman bermata…satu, Tyson?

pic ; edited by me
I joined #bookstagramathon on Instagram and decided to read this. I have watched the movie and didn’t really think it was spectacular. There were some points that I spotted in this book.

First this book felt less funny than book one. I don’t really know why but Percy doesn’t crack jokes anymore in this book. Things seem so tensed.  But this book definitely still enjoyable.

I noticed some differences (obviously book always different from the movie) that actually surprised me. It was quite big honestly. I finished this book in two days which was long because I’m on holiday right now. I felt like the book 2 was kinda hard and slower too.

I hate this cover so much. Dear publisher, Mizan Fantasi, I know the book has been made into movie, so can you please don’t make it permanent on the book  and it’s HUGE with bold. It’s so frustrating and annoying.

My favorite character is Annabeth. She is very blunt and that is really me. I love people who don’t care what others say as long as s/he is being honest to herself. I know sometimes it can hurt other’s feeling, but…we just can’t help x)

I don't think I can describe how I feel about this book any longer because I'm out of words. But this series do deserve to be read by everyone because this is still super exciting.


Overall, since I really enjoyed this, I'd like to give it 4/5 stars :D

No comments:

Post a Comment