Saturday, September 20, 2014

Review: Landline by Rainbow Rowell

Title: Landline
Writer: Rainbow Rowell
Format: PaperbackInternational Edition 310 pages
ISBN: 1250064309 
ISBN13: 9781250064301
Published July 8th 2014 by St. Martin's Press (first published July 2nd 2014)

It was fine all these times, maybe they were just pretending that everything was fine all those times. But there was this time when everything suddenly burst into a mess. Georgie and Neal (maybe) had pretended for all these times. And one day, when that thing happened, neither of them tried to stop it. It was a mess already when suddenly Georgie found a magic phone to call Neal from the past. I mean when he was…you know…younger.

I’ve finished this book like two months and didn’t have the urge to review this HAHAHA. I’ve always heard good things about Rainbow Rowell that’s why I bought this book. I had quite high expectation about this but oh well it wasn’t my cup of tea.

I love romance but this is not the one. I loved how Rainbow Rowell could make her characters felt so real but in the same time I couldn’t connect with those characters. I tried so hard to be in Georgie’s place but maybe I’m not old enough or blablablah that I can’t understand why those characters did that.

I think it’s genius to combine romance and fantasy. But I still don’t know why that phone has magical power or how that phone works. Because this book didn’t explain it and it left me hanging. The ending itself wasn’t the best….


But I really loved the covers. UK version as usual was stunning (not that US isn’t..but ya know lar). After all maybe it’s just this book of hers that I couldn’t enjoy. So I’ll still read her other books :D

3.5  stars

No comments:

Post a Comment