Friday, July 4, 2014

Fathom Friday #2



Helloooo everyone!! Thank God it’s another Friday ;)) So it means? Another Fathom Friday!!
This time we have another amazing bookstagramer! She is really sweet, and that girl is Mahima from @livresque on Instagram. She is known as the creator of #bookandbag, #bookatlas and #inmybag. 

Let’s get started to the fun part :3

First of all, I need you to know that I adore your pics <33, but I’m curious, do you have one all time favorite picture?
Firstly, Thank you. Secondly, Phew! You weren't kidding when you said this was going to be long! Smiling face with open mouth and cold sweat
I don't know if I have a favorite picture. I like them all but lets just pick the one with the maximum likes: The all blue picture with books arranged diagonally.
It seems that the worldwide readers have trend on reading, do you follow that trend while reading or just read randomly?

I am the most random reader you'll ever find. I don't follow any trends. I don't even read the books that everyone else is reading. That's why I haven't read most of the popular series is The Hunger Games or The Mortal Instruments.

What is your biggest concern while reading? (Like characters’ names, typos, time setting, etc)

Typos and excessive emphasis on the romantic relationship between the male and female protagonist. It just puts me off.

From my research (re: stalking experience) I know you live in India. Are there any difficulties to be a reader in India?

Being a reader in India is not only very difficult but frustrating also. You don't get all the books here. Hardcovers are virtually non existent. Many popular books aren't published for the Indian subcontinent and if you want to own them you're going to have to get it imported from the US. Its sad, really.

Do any of your friends ever complain because of your bookish life?

They make fun all right. They think I'm weird that I prefer reading over going out clubbing or something. But that's who I am. Being called a nerd used to bother me but now I embrace it. I don't need friends who can't accept me the way I am. At least my best friend gets it even though she isn't a reader herself.

It’s a big issue for all of us, and I do really think you need chocolate before you read the next question (just in case :p) *inhales-exhales*

What do you think of people who spoil?

PEOPLE WHO SPOIL SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO COME WITHIN 10 FEET OF A BOOK. It is the biggest sin there is. To rob the reader of an experience. To maliciously and intentionally prevent them from finding out the important plot twists of their own accord. I hate people who spoil with a burning passion.

Tell us place(s) you want to visit if you have the chance to?

I'd love to visit Italy and Rome if I ever get the chance. The architecture in Rome fascinates me and it is intriguing, all that history in one place. And well I love Italian food so Italy it is! :D

Give me a quote from your favorite book!

My favorite quote would be from A Thousand Splendid Suns: 
“One could not count the moons that shimmer on her roofs, Or the thousand splendid suns that hide behind her walls.”

Gaming time! This time, I will make you choose one out of two choices. You have  to pick one and there’s no pass card or not pick at all xD

3 wrinkled pages or a torn pageAnnoying female protagonist or annoying male protagonistExpensive new book or second handed unperfect bookCover or synopsisPercy Jackson or NarniaTake photos or reading (unless it is taking photos of books Smiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes)

Can you recommend us 3 books and mention 3 favorite authors of yours?

Three favorite books: A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Kite Runner, Sharp Objects
Three favorite authors: J.K Rowling, Khaled Hosseini, Gillian Flynn

Lastly do you have any advice for people who want to start bookstagram-ing?

The only advice I have for aspiring bookstagramers is that have patience. You won't get a 1000 followers in a day. Take bright and clear pictures. Follow the right people. Communicate with them. Use the right hashtags, it is all about the hashtags. And if you're good, you'd get noticed. And never ask for a follow back, its so annoying and looks very needy and desperate.
I hate to say we have to end this chat x_x or else this post is going to be veeerrryyy long. I hope you enjoy the interview and game ;D 

This was fun! Smiling face with smiling eyes thank you for this interview. I hope you enjoyed my answers as much as I enjoyed your questions. Heavy black heart

As usual, I will never forget to remind you to check @livresque on Instagram and fall in love with it!
I’m agnesev signing up! See you guysss!


+) All pictures are Mahima's aka @livresque. Please do NOT steal!

Heavy black heartHeavy black heart Agnesev

No comments:

Post a Comment