Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Review: Unite Me (Shatter Me #1.5, #2.5) by Tahereh mafi

Title: Unite Me (Shatter Me #1.5, #2.5)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Format: Paperback, 197 pages
ISBN: 0062327968
ISBN13:  9780062327963
Published February 4th 2014 by HarperCollins

Do NOT read this if you haven’t read Shatter Me and Unravel Me!

Destroy Me review

Warner isn’t cruel, he just hides behind it. Juliette gives him strength to live, but now he’s lost her. He is willing to do anything to get her back. And his story reveals…

This book is cruel.  I learned more about Warner through it, that he is not insane, nor cruel like what I assumed when I read the first book. There a lot of things that I never expected to find here even the other two books also tell Warner’s story.

I really loved how Tahereh Mafi told his story without making big differences. Destroy Me is very logic behind the reasons of what Warner does.

BUT!! I know this is only a novella, but why did you give me so many credits that I hoped for more?! Because honestly, the ending wasn’t the best.

Let me tell you why. It just left there when I needed more. I want to know the Shatter Me series from Warner’s POV. I need more of this!!!

Well basically, I really loved and satisfied with Destroy Me and I wished for more of this. I know how Warner’s feeling for everything that happened. Oh I just wished for more of this because the ending is really cruel.

Fracture Me review

Adam isn’t that perfect. What if he is the one who caused Juliette’s missing? But he is willing to give his everything for his girl.

Adam seemed very bad in this book for serious. Lol I thought I will get to know how bad he’s hurt because he couldn’t be with Juliette and that made me love him again. But I was wrong.

Now I do think that he doesn’t deserve to be with Juliette xD. This book gave me more reasons to dislike Adam and hate him more than before.

I felt that Adam was completely different here. I didn’t recognize the loving guy that I knew on Shatter Me and even if he was trying to get Juliette back, I wished J. will kick him and dump him but then.

I don’t have a lot of things to be commented about this novella. I still loved how Tahereh Mafi wrote it poetically but not heavy, it’s just very captivating. But the main idea was I learned more of Adam’s thought and I was very disappointed with this guy.

Adam, you’re so done with me.

Since this is the end of my review of the Shatter Me series, I want to salute the graphic maker because of the gorgeous new covers to this series. it’s really really beautiful! And the idea of doing this is really smart too!

This may be the best series I ever read in 2014. It is the best so far ;D

ps: School has started and it's sooo fun!! everyone loves music here and it feels like I have same mindset with them (lol if only that's possible :p). I'll be quite busy since everything backs to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment