Saturday, December 28, 2013

Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


Title: Mockingjay
Writer: Suzanne Collins
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Number of pages: 390pg
Price: IDR 229,000 (Trilogy Box Set - Asian Version)

Rating: 5/5
Katniss… he’s still trying to keep you alive.
After the game, Katniss is taken to District 13 – which is exists. Her home in District 12 has been destroyed by the Capitol. Peeta is taken and being used by them. There are rebels. District 13 needs Katniss as their symbol of revolution, to be their Mockingjay.  Katniss uses the chance to bring Peeta back and protect the other tributes as well.
I’m going to be the Mockingjay.
They start their plans to bring down the Capitol. Katniss agrees to be the Mockingjay and she does her job. Even her appearance means a lot to the rebels. But then every movement she makes bring a bad cause for Peeta. The rebels finally find its way to save Peeta and the other tributes. But Peeta changes…
His hands are reaching for me, too, to caress my face, I think.
My lips are just forming his name when his fingers lock around my throat.
Peeta has been hijacked by the Capitol. They change his memories with Katniss into bad ones. And now he really hates her, even trying to kill her.
Snow worked on him for weeks, and we’ve only had him for few days. There’s a chance that the old Peeta, the one who loves you, is still inside.
The rebels have another plan, to attack the Capitol and kill President Snow. The old Peeta hasn’t back. But the rebels make him join into the project. Maybe, to kill Katniss in purpose without using their own way.

I am Buttercup. Peeta, the thing I want so badly is the light. As long as Buttercup feels he has the chance of catching the elusive light under his paws, he is bristling with aggression. (That’s how I’ve been since I left the arena, with Peeta alive.) When the light goes out completely. Buttercup’s distraught and confused, but he recovers and moves on to other things. (That’s what would happen if Peeta died.)

Here comes its end... :”( I’ve done reading it since last Friday. But I’ve been such a sleepy bear who sleeps whole day, I just didn’t have time to write the review. Just like the first and second book, I really love the third one as well. The sad thing is…I’m kind of missing the game and it’s really sad that the Capitol has kidnapped Peeta and now he hates Katniss. It’s such a heartbreaking to me.

I really love the rollercoaster ride in this story (and the twist of course). When it’s getting boring, there’s always something that makes me want to read more and more. I want to know how it ends but then I don’t want it to end (if you know what I mean :p). When Peeta tries to control himself not to kill Katniss, it’s just sweet like the ending as well hoho. It’s not cheesy but indirectly expresses his feeling.
My favorite characters are, of course firstly, Peeta Mellark. Second, Johanna Mason.



I think she has been there as my favorite since Catching Fire. Her character is funny and free. She is blunt and that makes her different. I like it. Haymitch! Okay I figured that he is funny when Peeta turns to him and they smirk. Hahahaha, it’s just like “oh that’s my favorite!”. (Scene from Catching Fire).
So I’m looking forward to watch Mockingjay part 1 next year and sadly I have to wait another year for the second part T^T. I can’t wait any longer people.


Again, gonna throw some gifs I got from tumblr *\^O^/*


and this one is quite funny xD




It’s Christmas !!! Woohoooo~!! This book is special for me and since today I don’t go anywhere (so sad u,u), so I post it today \o/
Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it! May Christmas joy be with you all the time. God bless you all /throws confetti/.

2013agneskoo 

Read my reviews of the first and second book here:


No comments:

Post a Comment